Thursday, October 18, 2007

Run, Don't pray...okay run and pray!

Chapter-a-Day Proverbs 3


Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.

Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
your very bones will vibrate with life!
Proverbs 3:5-9 (TM)


I just wanted to share this verse this week. This passage really jumped off the screen at me. Sometimes reading Eugene Peterson's translation, The Message, just makes me say wow. I spend way too much time trying to figure things out on my own. So often I am reminded I need to trust and listen to God.

A good friend recently sent me an email and this sentence blew me away...
Instead of praying for patience, joy, peace, wisdom, etc.... all the fruits of the spirit we should pray that God purify us and make us a fit vessel for HIS presence.
I had to step back and think. I realized, I may not have all the answers, I need to trust God and listen for God more in all that I do...when I 'run to God and run from Evil' then I will see God work through me.

Thanks,

Keith


This scripture was part of Tom VanderWell's blog on Oct 17, 2007 ...click the blue link below to link to his weblog.

Wayfarer on the Creative Path by Tom VanderWell







http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/784306/22518132

No comments: