Monday, February 12, 2007

Evangelism Support

I got side tracked this week. I will follow-up with the "Never Hide Your Faith" post next week. I just had an amazing story I want to share with you. The Elder Board and Leadership Team at Westview have committed to giving at least 10% of our offerings to our missions budget. We support overseas mission projects(RCA Missionaries), local missions(Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry), short term mission trips, and several other outreach and service projects.

This past week I received an email from Brett and Micki Strait. Westview has supported Brett and Micki in the past. We recently sent them some financial support to help them with their staff position with Navigators.

I tend to focus on Westview's programs, Westview's growth, Westview's this and Westview's that...Sometimes I get so wrapped up in "what we do!" I can get lost in the programs we "need" to do, and almost forget about what and why we are doing "church." Our desire is to be a House of Prayer, A Serving Church...by Helping people Find, Grow, and Serve Jesus! Not only can we "do" church, we can "be" that church!

Brett's email to me - spoke of what a blessing Westview's gift would have on their ministry. They are praising God for the work of our church. Our tithes and offering are not only impacting the families in our community. We help support other's who are taking the love and hope of Christ all over the country and the world. Find, Grow , and Serve. It's not limited to our community of believers.

No comments: