Monday, April 30, 2007

Church Preschool


Today I sat in on my daughter’s preschool, PRE-K at Westview Church Preschool. Wow! Talk about talented teachers. As Ms. Hope was reading “Jack and the Beanstalk,” just when she got to the part where the giant was eating 4 oxen, a preschooler interjected “ My cousin ate octopus legs!" Hope stayed on point and continued reading. Next came a “fe-fi-fo-fum…I smell the blood of an Englishman.” The little girl added “Englishman…not Englishmen” Ms. Hope refocused the kids on the story and kept on reading.

I think the “Church” gets sidetracked too often with “octopus legs.” I have heard it all. We need to be more contemporary - more traditional. More relevant, or we need be counter cultural… praise music or hymns. The music is too slow, the music is too loud. It can go down as far as color paint, the parking lot is too full, and they sat in “my” seat.


Isn’t it great God has the patience of a preschool teacher! Let’s stay focused…Westview Church wants to help people Find Jesus, Grow in Jesus, and Serve Jesus.

No comments: